- Touch and hold any app or widget on the Home Screen, then tap Edit Home Screen. You’ll notice that the apps begin to jiggle and a minus sign appears on the top left of each app. Proceed carefully because you can easily delete an app at this point with a couple rogue taps.
- Choose where you want the app to go:
- You can drag an app to another location on the same screen. Simply release it once it’s where you’d like. Now tap (a blank spot) on the screen to stop the apps jiggling.
- If instead you’d prefer it on another page of your home screen(s), drag the app or widget to the right or left edge of the screen. You might need to wait a second for the new page to appear. You can do this as many times as needed to get to the desired page before releasing the app icon. Again tap a blank area of the screen in order to stop the jiggling.
- Hint: The dots above the Dock show how many pages you have and which one you’re viewing. See yellow circle in screenshot below.
- When you’re finished, press the Home button if your model iPhone has one, or if not, tap Done.
How to Reset All Apps to Their Original Position
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset >Reset Home Screen Layout > Reset Home Screen. Note: any folders you’ve created will be removed, and apps you’ve downloaded will then be arranged alphabetically after all apps that came included as standard with your iPhone.
Next week we’ll look at how to arrange and re-arrange apps into folders, themed to your choosing. If you’d like to receive this automatically into your inbox, simply type in your email address below and hit Subscribe.